Our focus for the 2017-2018 school year aligns with the Association of Community Educators of BC’s (ACEbc) overarching Community School Goals. Please click here to see ACEbc’s overarching goals.
Building no barrier Out Of School Time Programming throughout our community is one of HDSMS’s Community Goals. For an glimpse of why out of school programming makes sense for todays communities watch this short clip.
HDSMS 2017-2018 GOALS INCLUDE:
- Establish a community room/hub which can be used as a resource for accessing information, resources, advocacy and for establishing partnerships community wide.
- Website (Connections and Information)
- Community Room (Access Resources, connect community -partners and provide programming)
- Food, Clothing Supplies Programs
- Out of School Programming
- Interagency and Organizational Partnerships Building Interagency capacity and Organizational Partnerships. Relationships are everything in developing services or access to services within every community!
- Attending and leading the development of Community and Interagency meetings
- Student Lead Transition Programs
DOUGLAS PARK AND NICOMEKL ELEMENTARY SCHOOLS’ 2017-2018 GOALS INCLUDE:
- Creating an online HUB for links to services programs accessible online and in school.
- Pre-K Programs and Family Supports (Research overwhelmingly suggests that a good connection to school for the whole family at Kindergarden dramatically affects graduation results)
- Out of School Programs
- Programs for students
- Transition programs to Middle School