September 25, 2020
Week of Sept 25, 2020
What a week here at HDSMS! It has been so encouraging to see all our Skyhawks back in the building – laughing, learning and growing together. Week two is in the books – along with student photo day and a school improvement day with staff! Here’s the Scoop for this week!
PICTURES FROM THE WEEK:
( We are waiting for parent signed media release forms before we share some of the amazing student photos!)
Here are some pictures from our Pro-D Sessions today – working on our School Goals:
1) Continuing to foster our Culture of Care, Belonging, and Connection
2) Continuing to foster our Culture of Literacy & Learning
Ms. Favero & Ms. Robinson sharing their passion for quality assessment and the latest updates from the district CSL group.
NEW INFORMATION TO SHARE:
STUDENT PERMISSION FORMS TO BE SIGNED & RETURNED:
- Originally we tried to have these done electronically through the KEV system, however the permissions around this procedure have changed and we will need to be do them on paper now.
- Paper student permission form packages will be given out to Students to bring home on Monday. Please complete these and return them to the school before Friday Oct. 2nd
MEET THE TEACHER OCTOBER 2nd:
- We are going to be doing Meet the Teacher a little different this year. We will be sending either a video interview/tour or a newsletter to our class parents. If there is something you need to discuss about your child – please feel free reach out to the teacher via phone/email.
- Staff emails can be found on our website https://hdsms.sd35.bc.ca/staff-connection/staff-directory/
- HDSMS will continue to work towards being a completely paperless school when it comes to communication with parents. In order to stay informed, please be sure you use at least one of the following on-line methods:
- Email: send your information to firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com to ensure you are on our parent email list.
- Attendance: If your child is going to be away from school – you can email firstname.lastname@example.org to report the absence.
- Twitter: Follow our feed at twitter.com/HDSMSskyhawks
- Instagram: Follow us at instagram.com/HDSMSskyhawks
- Website: Stay up-to-date at sd35.bc.ca
CLUBS & ACTIVITES:
- At this point there is a hold on all after school clubs and activities, we will keep you up-to-date as soon as we know more
COMING UP THIS WEEK:
|TUESDAY||Meet the Teacher Night Information to go out||Newsletters or Videos for all teaching staff||All day|
|WEDNESDAY||Orange Shirt Day – Every Child Matters – WEAR ORANGE||HDSMS||All Day|
|FRIDAY||Terry Fox Run Day – Classes will be staggered all day.||Trails around HDSMS||8:30 – 2:30pm|
ATHLETICS UPDATE 🏐🏀⚽🎾🏸🎯🏐🏀⚽🎾🏸🎯
There is no athletics at this time – we will keep you updated as this situation progresses.
Classroom Outdoor Sports Bags
All Grade 7 divisions have received their own bags with new outdoor equipment, including a brand new soccer ball, basketball, football, volleyball, rugby ball, and a frisbee! Grade 6 & 8 bags are on the way!
MS. LOREE’S COUNSELLING CONNECTION:
UPCOMING DATES TO NOTE IN THE CALENDAR:
Sept 30th – Orange Shirt Day
Oct. 2nd – Terry Fox Run Day
FROM THE DISTRICT:
No new news at this time.