October 2, 2020
Week of October 2, 2020
And just like that it’s October! September was a bit of a whirlwind with COVID protocols, Professional Development days, Orange Shirts and Terry Fox! I’ve just been so impressed with the way the staff and students been able to build community and connections within our classes in the past month. Here’s the Scoop for this week!
PICTURES FROM THE WEEK:
NEW INFORMATION TO SHARE:
STUDENT PERMISSION FORMS TO BE SIGNED & RETURNED:
- Originally we tried to have these done electronically through the KEV system, however the permissions around this procedure have changed and we will need to be do them on paper now.
- Paper student permission form packages will be given out to Students to bring home on Monday. Please complete these and return them to the school before Friday Oct. 2nd
MEET THE TEACHER NEWSLETTERS & VIDEOS
- We are going to be doing Meet the Teacher a little different this year. We will be sending either a video interview/tour or a newsletter to our class parents. If there is something you need to discuss about your child – please feel free reach out to the teacher via phone/email.
- Newsletters should have been sent to your class emails OR…
- You can find the videos posted here: https://hdsms.sd35.bc.ca/staff-connection/staff-directory/
- HDSMS will continue to work towards being a completely paperless school when it comes to communication with parents. In order to stay informed, please be sure you use at least one of the following on-line methods:
- Email: send your information to firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com to ensure you are on our parent email list.
- Attendance: If your child is going to be away from school – you can email firstname.lastname@example.org to report the absence.
- Twitter: Follow our feed at twitter.com/HDSMSskyhawks
- Instagram: Follow us at instagram.com/HDSMSskyhawks
- Website: Stay up-to-date at sd35.bc.ca
CLUBS & ACTIVITES:
- At this point there is a hold on all after school clubs and activities, we will keep you up-to-date as soon as we know more
COMING UP THIS WEEK:
|MONDAY||WORLD TEACHERS DAY!||HDSMS STAFF||ALL DAY|
|THURSDAY||Grade 6 Assembly (Green 6)||Main Gym||8:30 – 9:10 pm|
|FRIDAY||Grade 6 Assembly (Blue 6)||Main Gym||8:30 – 9:10 pm|
ATHLETICS UPDATE 🏐🏀⚽🎾🏸🎯🏐🏀⚽🎾🏸🎯
There is no athletics at this time – we will keep you updated as this situation progresses.
Classroom Outdoor Sports Bags
All Grades have now received their activity bags!
MS. LOREE’S COUNSELLING CONNECTION:
FROM THE DISTRICT:
Be sure to checkout the district’s webpage for the latest updates: www.sd35.bc.ca
QUOTE OF THE WEEK:
“I want to try the impossible to prove it can be done.”
- Terry Fox