Posted: November 20, 2022
Week of Nov. 21st, 2022
Happy Sunday Skyhawks Parents & Guardians!
Here’s the SCOOP!
THE WEEK AHEAD AT HD STAFFORD
NEW INFORMATION TO SHARE:
Winter Weather and Clothing:
Just a reminder as the weather gets increasingly cold and wet, to please send your children to school with appropriate clothing and footwear.
Grade 6 Immunizations:
The grade 6 immunizations are taking place this Wednesday November 23rd . The forms went out to families last Friday with a note to bring them back to their classroom teacher by November 14th. These forms are for standard Grade 6 immunizations – there will be NO COVID vaccinations done in schools.
This year the Aboriginal Winter Solstice Family Gathering will be held at LSS this Friday November 25th. It’s been a long three years since we’ve been able to gather together – so please come out and join us!
STUDENT DROP OFF & PICK UP PROCEDURES UPDATE (Nov. 14th, 2022):
We have meeting scheduled with School District Leadership Staff and the City of Langley Engineering Dept early next week as they have come up with some possible solutions to the ongoing issue of congestion during pick up and drop with parent traffic.
In the meantime, we want to remind all parents to please NOT park in our neighbour’s driveways. Please continue to use the student drop off and pick up lanes on the east side of the school. Do not drive through the main entry way of the school during these times. Some other suggestions for decreasing congestion during pick up specifically include:
- Consider having your child walk along 48th Ave and picking them up by the City Park fields (there is much more room)
- Consider picking your child up after 3:00pm (as much of the congestion is gone by then)
Community Room Homework Club on Wednesdays! Let your Kiddos know!
- Homework club started on September 28 and will run from 3-4 on Wednesdays in the Community Room. Students will receive academic support and build positive relationships. The first half of homework club we will work on homework and from 3:30 to 4:00 we’ll change gears and do fun activities together! We’re looking forward to seeing you there! A huge thank you to Langley Church (Youth unlimited) for their support. See Mrs. Sandher if you would like to join any after-school activities.
- The Breakfast Program has started! Students can enjoy light breakfast items between 8:00-8:30. Students will enter through the exterior doors of the Community Room, and when the bell rings they will line up with their classes. The breakfast program is for all kiddos!
- LUNCH PROGRAM: The lunch program is for families who need extra support. Please contact Mrs. Sandher, our Community Coordinator, at Ksandher@sd35.bc.ca, if your child needs clothing, food, and/or other support.
FORMS, FEES, & LOCKERS
Lockers have now been distributed to all classes and students, however we are hoping to finish collecting school fees and online permission forms as soon as possible. If you can please do the following:
- Pay your school fees using the SchoolCashOnline link here.
- Complete the Online permission forms that also on your SchoolCashOnline account.
STAFFORD ATHLETICS & AFTER SCHOOL EVENTS
We are very excited to roll out the new online Skyhawks Apparel Store to all staff, students and our Stafford community!
- HDSMS will continue to work towards being a completely paperless school when it comes to communication with parents. In order to stay informed, please be sure you use at least one of the following on-line methods:
- Email: send your information to firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com to ensure you are on our parent email list.
- Attendance: If your child is going to be away from school – you can email firstname.lastname@example.org to report the absence.
- Twitter: Follow our feed at twitter.com/HDSMSskyhawks
- Instagram: Follow us at instagram.com/HDSMSskyhawks
- Website: Stay up-to-date at sd35.bc.ca
NEW INFORMATION TO SHARE:
Buy pointsettias and christmas greenery through the Growing Smiles fundraiser here.
Order by Nov 11th and pick up Nov 26th
PURDY’S CHOCOLATE ORDERS
Order your Purdy’s Chocolates early here.
Order by Nov 21st and pick up at school Dec 8th
CHRISTMAS FAMILY PHOTO OPPORTUNITY
Fewer than 15 slots left! The PAC is providing an opportunity to create Christmas photos for your family. The $30 sitting fee is donated to the PAC and you receive a complimentary 8X10 print! Sitting sessions are quick. Book your times on Nov 9th and Nov 14th here.
HOT LUNCH DATES
Munchalunch ordering for hot lunches – deadline is usually one week before.
- Friday, Dec 9th Little Caesars
- Friday, Dec 16th Frozen Treats & Cobs
(If you have a Grade 6 child and were previously registered at a different school or need an account at two different schools and you’re having trouble setting up your account, please email email@example.com for help)
POPCORN DAYS & THE HAWKS NEST
- Nov 23rd Gr8 Hawk’s Nest
- Nov 30th Gr 6 Hawk’s Nest
- Dec 7th Gr 8 popcorn
- Dec 14th Gr 7 Hawk’s Nest
UPCOMING PAC MEETINGS
- Wednesday, January 11th
- All meetings are 6:30pm in the HD Stafford Library Commons room
If you have any questions or if you are interested to volunteer at our PAC initiatives, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Keep updated with PAC fundraisers and info through Facebook and Instagram at:
PAC GENERAL INFORMATION:
Our PAC works to help create effective partnerships between the school and parent community. Building the triangle of support between parent, school, and child will create powerful learning opportunities and ensure our children’s success.
Each and every parent or guardian is a member of our PAC. We encourage you to join us for the monthly meetings to participate in the building of PAC community and create learning opportunities for your child.
The 2022/23 HDSMS PAC EXECUTIVE:
|Alex Joehl||Vice Presidentemail@example.com|
|Chantale Hubbs||D-PAC Repfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Solanlle Panguinao||Member at Largeemail@example.com|
|Cindy Chung||Member at Largefirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Lisa Tatarniuk||Member at Largeemail@example.com|
|Cathy Worrall||Fundraising Coordinatorfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Cathy Worrall||Hot Lunchemail@example.com|
|Chantale Hubbs||Long Term Planning Committeefirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Sarah Preston||Events Coordinatoremail@example.com|
Please direct any general questions to firstname.lastname@example.org
FROM THE LIBRARY LEARNING COMMONS:
Can’t wait to share all the awesome literacy events coming this year.
COMMUNITY SUPPORTS FOR PARENTS:
FROM THE DISTRICT: