Posted: January 15, 2023
Week of Jan. 16, 2023
Happy Sunday Skyhawks Parents & Guardians!
Despite the tremendous rain, nothing could dampen the spirits of our Skyhawks this past week! Our students were showing off their creative talents in both the classroom and explorations while demonstrating their athletic prowess in basketball, skating and badminton! It is so fantastic to see all the hands-on learning opportunities that are taking place in our classrooms – thank you again to all our staff for taking the extra time to bring learning to life!
Here’s the SCOOP!
THE WEEK AHEAD AT HD STAFFORD
UKRAINIAN FAMILY TEA:
On Wednesday February 1st, HDSMS will be hosting a Tea for our Ukrainian Families and the families in our feeder schools. The families will have the opportunity to connect with other families and get access to resources. The tea will be from 3:30-5:30pm.
READY SET GLOW – SKYHAWKS NEON DANCE PARTY!
The PAC will be hosting our first School Dance in over 3 years on Jan. 26th in the small gym. If you are interested in helping at the event please contact Sarah at firstname.lastname@example.org
Here are the details:
- Date: Thursday Jan. 26th
- Time: 6:30pm – 9:00pm
- Admission: Non-perishable food donation / HDSMS Students only
- Food: Pizza & Concession items available for purchase
- Fun: Ready Set GLOW!!
Cold Temperatures and Winter Weather:
This week is calling for freezing temperatures and maybe even some snow. Just a reminder to reduce the risk of slip and falls during the icy weather: when possible, please tell your children to follow the designated walking paths and avoid shortcuts and unsalted areas. Also, walk slowly and deliberately in icy areas and expect the pavement and sidewalks to be slippery.
Also a reminder as the weather gets increasingly cold and wet, please send your children to school with appropriate clothing and footwear as many students ( especially in the snow) do love to go outside!
Community Room Homework Club on Wednesdays! Let your Kiddos know!
- Homework club started on September 28 and will run from 3-4 on Wednesdays in the Community Room. Students will receive academic support and build positive relationships. The first half of homework club we will work on homework and from 3:30 to 4:00 we’ll change gears and do fun activities together! We’re looking forward to seeing you there! A huge thank you to Langley Church (Youth unlimited) for their support. See Mrs. Sandher if you would like to join any after-school activities.
- The Breakfast Program has started! Students can enjoy light breakfast items between 8:00-8:30. Students will enter through the exterior doors of the Community Room, and when the bell rings they will line up with their classes. The breakfast program is for all kiddos!
- LUNCH PROGRAM: The lunch program is for families who need extra support. Please contact Mrs. Sandher, our Community Coordinator, at Ksandher@sd35.bc.ca, if your child needs clothing, food, and/or other support.
FORMS, FEES, & LOCKERS
Lockers have now been distributed to all classes and students, however we are hoping to finish collecting school fees and online permission forms as soon as possible. If you can please do the following:
- Pay your school fees using the SchoolCashOnline link here.
- Complete the Online permission forms that also on your SchoolCashOnline account.
STAFFORD ATHLETICS & AFTER SCHOOL EVENTS
SKYHAWKS ONLINE STORE IS LIVE!
We are very excited to roll out the new online Skyhawks Apparel Store to all staff, students and our Stafford community!
- HDSMS will continue to work towards being a completely paperless school when it comes to communication with parents. In order to stay informed, please be sure you use at least one of the following on-line methods:
- Email: send your information to email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org to ensure you are on our parent email list.
- Attendance: If your child is going to be away from school – you can email email@example.com to report the absence.
- Twitter: Follow our feed at twitter.com/HDSMSskyhawks
- Instagram: Follow us at instagram.com/HDSMSskyhawks
- Website: Stay up-to-date at sd35.bc.ca
Upcoming Popcorn Dates:
- Wed Jan 25th – Grade 7 Popcorn
- Wed Feb 1st – Grade 6 Popcorn
Upcoming Hawk’s Nest Dates:
- Wed Feb 15th – Grade 7 & 8 Hawksnest
- Wed March 8th – Grade 6 Hawksnest
Upcoming Hot Lunch Dates:
Munchalunch ordering for hot lunches – deadline is usually one week before.
- Friday Jan 20th – Booster Juice – order cut off Thurs Jan 12th
- Tuesday Feb 21st – StrEATS – order cut off Monday Feb 6th
- Friday March 10th – Little Caesar’s Pizza – order cut off Thurs Mar 2nd
(If you have a Grade 6 child and were previously registered at a different school or need an account at two different schools and you’re having trouble setting up your account, please email firstname.lastname@example.org for help)
Upcoming PAC meetings:
6:30pm in the HD Stafford Library Commons room.
- Wednesday, February 8th
If you have any questions or if you are interested to volunteer at our PAC initiatives, please contact email@example.com
Keep updated with PAC fundraisers and info through Facebook and Instagram at:
HDSMS Parent Group
HDStafford Middle School PAC
PAC GENERAL INFORMATION:
Our PAC works to help create effective partnerships between the school and parent community. Building the triangle of support between parent, school, and child will create powerful learning opportunities and ensure our children’s success.
Each and every parent or guardian is a member of our PAC. We encourage you to join us for the monthly meetings to participate in the building of PAC community and create learning opportunities for your child.
The 2022/23 HDSMS PAC EXECUTIVE:
|Alex Joehl||Vice Presidentfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Chantale Hubbs||D-PAC Repemail@example.com|
|Solanlle Panguinao||Member at Largefirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Cindy Chung||Member at Largeemail@example.com|
|Lisa Tatarniuk||Member at Largefirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Cathy Worrall||Fundraising Coordinatoremail@example.com|
|Cathy Worrall||Hot Lunchfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Chantale Hubbs||Long Term Planning Committeeemail@example.com|
|Sarah Preston||Events Coordinatorfirstname.lastname@example.org|
Please direct any general questions to email@example.com
FROM THE LIBRARY LEARNING COMMONS:
Can’t wait to share all the awesome literacy events coming this year.
COMMUNITY SUPPORTS FOR PARENTS:
FROM THE DISTRICT: